[VoiceOps] New reg: FCC-13-135

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Jan 5 18:57:38 EST 2014

If PDD is *that* long, it's too long.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Beckman
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 8:04 PM
To: Hiers, David
Cc: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] New reg: FCC-13-135

It makes me wonder if there is a forgotten about tone that should be played
while things are occurring but not ringing. Silence just makes me think
something is wrong, and if ringing is illegal, what do we play to indicate
to the caller that "Hey, we're working here, we know what you dialed, and
we're trying to make it happen, but it isn't getting through yet, hold on."

Who knows if there is a standards-based tone or sound you play to indicate
progress but not completion to ringing?

Beckman