[VoiceOps] Phone Numbers with Calling Restrictions

Tim Donahue tim.donahue at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:13:22 EST 2014

David,

Just to clarify, the question I was asking has no bearing on the LD calling
for the number.  This is a number that we ported to our service for a
client, and calls were failing when the incoming call was a LD call.  We
found out while trying to diagnose the routing problem that there are
dialing restrictions on the entire exchange to limit these numbers to
intralata traffic only.

After some off-list conversations, I did some digging into the
documentation for the LERG and found that there is a "Special Service Code"
that shows when a block of numbers has been designated for intralata calls
only, and there are over 1400 blocks of numbers with these restrictions.

Tim