[VoiceOps] Timing slips on subrate DS1s on CT3

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Mar 9 23:22:23 EDT 2014

Thanks, that's really helpful!

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark R Lindsey [mailto:mark at ecg.co]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:01 PM
To: Frank Bulk
Cc: Mark Lindsey; Alex Balashov; voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Timing slips on subrate DS1s on CT3

T1 is the physical transport, delivered on 4 wires, 2 send and 2 receive,
and capable of delivering 1.544 Mbps. T1 defines the voltage states.

DS1 is a service that is readily built on top of a T1 transport. The DS1
delivers 1.536 Mbps. With a framing and coding applied to a T1, you can
interpret the voltage transitions as bits. You can also deliver a DS1 via
DS3 service.

O'Reilly's book "T1 Survival Guide" goes into this a good bit.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/2600-series-multiservice-p