[VoiceOps] Anyone else having issues with SIP and Comcast Gateways?

David Thompson dthompson at esi-estech.com
Tue May 6 14:45:03 EDT 2014

Is anyone else getting issues with Comcast gateways like the ones below?

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC3939.html

or

http://www.netgear.com/service-providers/products/cable/gateways/cg3000dcr.aspx

The symptoms are complete modem crash forcing a reboot after an extension
to extension call gets placed. Calls that are placed in bound and out bound
do not make the modem crash. There isn’t a way to turn off the SIP ALG on
these devices either per Comcast and bridging them and putting our own
equipment behind it still causes the issue. We ended up having to replace
the modem supplied by Comcast completely and installing a supported device
ourselves which worked.

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician
(O) 858.357.8794