[VoiceOps] CPEs

Brian Knight ml at knight-networks.com
Wed Apr 8 14:14:37 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

Not sure if you are aware, but Adtran routers do support centralized
management through their n-Command product.  Also, n-Command can gather VQM
stats from the router.

We have it deployed this way and we're pretty happy with the stats we get
from it.  It's helped us track down quite a few issues.

It can be a bit painful to integrate existing routers because there is
config that must go on the routers to enable central management, so you'd
need to touch all of your deployed devices to enable.

n-Command does enable some other things, like config templates and router
software management, but I'm not too familiar with how well that works.

Also, Adtrans do support packet capture, though to be honest I've used it
only once myself.  Not sure if it is supported in the Netvanta 3100 line.

Hope this helps.

-Brian