[VoiceOps] CPEs

Anthony Caiozzo anthony.caiozzo at telchemy.com
Tue Apr 7 22:12:54 EDT 2015

Brian - certainly agree with your rationale requiring MOS scoring /
analytics in the MTA - but just playing devil's advocate here... if you end
up in a situation where your product selection forces you to drop this
functionality (as it's typically found inside top shelf gear) and you cannot
get the diagnostics from the terminal adaptor - why not collect them from
the VoIP endpoints directly?  Here's a pointer
(http://community.polycom.com/polycom/attachments/polycom/technology-partner
s/12/1/Telchemy-SQmediatorSolution%20Guide_01082013.pdf) to a Polycom
solutions brief that talks to this functionality inside their handsets - but
you can also find similarly themed technology inside Cisco (SPA), Yealink,
Aastra/Mitel and other commercially available IP handsets.  This will get
you all the way to the end of line - effectively into the customers hand/ear
to see exactly what they're hearing 24x7.

Just some food for thought - let me know if this sparks any additional
questions.

-anthony

Anthony Caiozzo
Telchemy - www.telchemy.com