[VoiceOps] Toll Free as Outbound CLID

Darren Schreiber d at d-man.org
Mon Apr 20 13:08:14 EDT 2015

I believe the proper solution here is the toll-free number goes in the Caller-ID header (P-Asserted or otherwise) and your From: field should carry the ANI (or the optional but rarely used ANI field). This works with most of our providers.

The issue is as Calvin has listed. You need to have knowledge of how to bill, and that’s especially important when the remote party is the one doing the billing. So ultimately, you need to send a non-TF number in the ANI header and the Caller-ID would have the Toll-Free number. This is allowed behavior with most carriers.