[VoiceOps] Toll Free as Outbound CLID

Calvin E. calvine at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:06:01 EDT 2015

>From the perspective of a wholesale VoIP provider, we do see Toll Free ANI
causing some problems:

Routing - some carriers will reject these calls, which can result in
traffic connecting at a higher LCR position and therefore less margin.
Rating - TF ANI may result in calls being billed under "indeterminate
jurisdiction", which is typically the higher of the interstate and
intrastate rates or some 3rd penalty rate.