[VoiceOps] Easy ways to measure PDD

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Mon Apr 20 17:11:00 EDT 2015

So after a recent discussion about how to quickly diagnose SIP calls from
packets (tcpdump + sngrep for the win!), I'm now wondering if there is a
tool I don't know about that would be able to parse the same .pcap file
that contains all of my port 5060 traffic and output the PDD time for each
call found within. Bonus points if I can specify a time/date range.

I don't want to manage yet another server or metrics repository in order to
hold all of this call data, so some of the larger (and pricier) tools
mentioned before are out for me.

I've contacted the author of sngrep and though the packet capture code is
already there, he reasonably doesn't want to turn sngrep into sipawk or
sipsed.

Beckman