[VoiceOps] Easy ways to measure PDD

Jesse Howard jhoward at ShoreTel.com
Tue Apr 21 11:10:08 EDT 2015

Isn't this exactly what the timeout option in the dial command is for on Asterisk?

You can both limit the maximum PDD and route advance/alert directly from your dialplan.

To be honest, ASR and ACD have always been more telling from trending perspectives than PDD where I only care about PDD when it is overly long. What it was before the current delay is usually irrelevant for the most part especially since PDD tends to manifest for specific routes vs. the carrier in general.

Jesse
From: Richard Jobson [richard at teraquant.com]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:16 PM
To: Peter Beckman
Cc: Calvin E.; VoiceOps
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Easy ways to measure PDD

Well if it needs to be real-time,  it is not really a CDR function.
Oracles Palladion/COM  can do it out of the box. But there again you need
to install a box. You can install it on VME.
It will send you an SNMP trap or email in real-time as soon as the  minute
average KPI (e.g. PDD) is exceeded per trunk. And Oracle has a reseller
who can make Palladion sing for its supper :)