[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:21:20 EDT 2015

We are a CLEC and have a had a couple of customers port away from Verizon's
landline service and to our voice service where we provided an analog POTS
line with the same number just as the client had before with Verizon. We
hook the POTS line up to the exact same wire going to the client's alarm
panel, but the alarm can't communicate with ADT.

We called ADT on multiple clients behalfs, and they basically said Verizon
is on an approved list to work with their services and our CLEC is not, so
it would not work.

How is ADT limiting this? Does their alarm panels dial a special number
that only Verizon knows or allows? This has happened with multiple clients.

We have not been able to get on the voice switch and see what numbers they
panel is actually trying to dial, but any insight to this would be helpful.

I have read that some alarm companies uses a special code before they make
an outbound call so the long distance gets billed to them or something?