[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:30:25 EDT 2015

I did find this page http://www.adt.com/customer-service/voip-faqs Seems
that your phone company has to be:

A Qualified “Managed Facility Voice Network (MFVN)”includes the following:

   1. Has a physical facilities network which is managed and maintained
   (directly or indirectly) by the service provider. Can ensure service
   quality from the service subscriber location to the PSTN or other MFVN peer
   network.
   2. Utilizes similar signaling and related protocols as the PSTN with
   respect to dialing, dial plan, call completion, carriage of alarm signals
   and protocols, and loop voltage treatment.
   3. Provides real-time transmission of voice signals, carrying alarm
   formats unchanged.
   4. Provides professional installation that preserves primary line
   seizure for alarm signal transmission.
   5. Has major and minor disaster recovery plans to address both
   individual customer outages and widespread events such as tornados, ice
   storms and other natural disasters. This includes specific network power
   restoration procedures that are comparable to those of traditional landline
   telephone services in the same geographic region.
   6. Has informed ADT that its network meets the characteristics of a MFVN.

Still how are they controlling this? Think ADT is smart enough to do a LRN
lookup on a number, and see its not one from their qualified list?