[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

GregoryB gb20090101 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:01:17 EDT 2015

This statement is not quite correct in case of FIOS or U-Verse - whenever those services fail - there is NO connection to CO.
Unfortunately - those services are known to fail.
Even worse - in case of a natural or manmade disaster - FIOS and U-Verse may and will be down for days if not weeks.
3 years back, after Sandy hit Eat Coast - many FIOS places in NYS, PA, NJ, etc were down within many weeks, some - several months.
At the same time wireless and cable connections were repaired relatively quickly therefore 2 days after the storm - my wireless and cable Internet was functioning - and so was my home VoIP service and the 911.
B/w - Verizon doesn’t maintain residential FIOS batteries anymore therefore during electricity outages - the battery is also found dead at the same time.
Oh, yea - my ADT alarm system functions over VoIP during last 6 years (it’s also protected by wireless) - so far so good.
--
Regards,
GB.