[VoiceOps] Preventing calls to cell phones with guaranteed accuracy

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:36:27 EDT 2015

If you do NPA-NXX first and then test for a ported number second (via one
of the many ways discussed already), you will falsely eliminate numbers
that were ported from wireless to fixed.  From my customer's perspective,
they don't care.  First off, there are FAR less ports that way as compared
to ports to wireless.  Second, it just means they will hand-dial the
number, not "lose" it altogether.  While there is a slightly higher cost,
it's not huge enough to care.

If we do this, I'm 90% certain we will use Neustar's product that just
shows intermodal ports.  It's cheap and simple.  However the customer is
still on the fence on whether there's enough cost involved for hand-dialing
versus the risk of a lawsuit or FCC smackdown.  I find it hard to believe,
but the early numbers say that the cost isn't going up all that much with
manual dialing.