[VoiceOps] Preventing calls to cell phones with guaranteed accuracy

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed Aug 26 15:50:08 EDT 2015

>> They're definitely not possible across the country because long
>> distance calls only do the LNP lookup after routing the call to
>> the destination tandem.  (That's the "L" in LNP.)
>>
> Usually this is because their numbers can't support nomadic 911.

It's more than that, long distance carriers couldn't route calls to calls
ported outside the LATA without some significant changes to signalling
protocols.  I can believe it's all easy for numbers within your network,
but IXC traffic usually hands traffic to the tandem and expects it to do
the LNP part.

Regards,