[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Aug 27 02:59:59 EDT 2015

Following my last e-mail, I started Googling around for internet-based alarm monitoring systems and found a handful of interesting options...

https://www.irisbylowes.com/
http://www.lifeshield.com/services/monitoring/internet-option/
http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=246)

...but I thought that THIS -- http://info.nextalarm.com/ -- was a paricularly clever option: an internet monitoring service that hooks up to your existing non-internet-aware system using a box that locally performs the modulation that your current system expects.  It's like an ATA for your alarm system!  And because it intercepts all of the dialing, etc. (which never actually happens, since this thing isn't actually digitizing an audio stream), it sounds like you don't even need to reprogram your panel to dial a different number...just plug it in and go, regardless of whether you are locked out of the panel programming by the original installer/monitoring company or not.  Pretty genius.

-- Nathan