[VoiceOps] HPBX over ADSL

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:37:25 EST 2015

We have a lot of customers using a BYOI model for small offices and remote
users.  About half are on DSL, half on cable.  Well, there are a couple on
other services, but not many.  As with any network connection we don't
control, we explain that call quality is not guaranteed, but help them do
testing to see if it's at least possible.  We have them run tests on
speedtest.net and pingtest.net a few times throughout a normal day and send
us the results.  From there we can tell if success is likely or unlikely.
We've done sites up to around 15-20 phones on copper-based typical DSL and
cable service, and more than that if they are fiber-based.