[VoiceOps] VoIP Service Providers Market Research report

Shripal Daphtary shripald at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:48:58 EST 2015

Hello all,

I recently downloaded a market research report from Voiplogic. I'm sure
that some of you know that they are a wholesale application service
provider that sells class 4 and 5 services to service providers. I found
the report pretty enlightening (and free).  You just need to take a survey
to get it.

I would be interested to see what others in this group think about the
state of Hosted PBX, UC, UCaaS, etc.

Some of the major bullet points are listed in VoipLogic's press release:
http://www.voiplogic.com/dec-1-2015-2015-voip-service-providers-market-research-3rd-annual-report-extensive-original-data/
 along with the link to the survey.

I would like to actually see what Peter Rad, thinks of the sales stuff in
the report. In particular this statement:

*"Low touch sales methods – primarily web-based selling – are dropping
while high touch sales methods such as Direct and through Value-Added
Resellers – are growing. This is, in turn, increases the cost of customer
acquisition. That Service Providers appear to perceive value from the
personal assistance of direct sales and customer service support may be
explained by the increasing complexity of Unified Communication and
Collaboration."*

I'm wondering if others see the same trend?  it just seems to go against
another figure in the report that states that price is the most important
factor in sales and marketing success.  I don't see how you can be a
solution sales organization and still think that price is the most
important thing.

anyway, it was by and large good read with a lot of information.

Shri