[VoiceOps] Grandstream FXS Gateways

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:19:55 EDT 2015

Does anyone use the Grandstream FXS gateways like the GXW4008? It has 8 FXS
ports, 1 FXO port, 2 Fast Ethernet Ports, and cost $156 new from
distribution.

We are having more clients that need 2 to 8 phone lines. We typically use
Adtan 900/900e series gateways, but these gateways new cost 3 to 4 times
more than this Grandstream unit. One thing we don't like about the Adtran
units is they have built in T1/PRI ports which we rarely use.

I am wondering how good is the Grandstream SIP stack?  How good is its
debug options? Does it have any voice quality monitoring tools like Adtran
has built in? Does it have a web inteface where you can see active calls,
registrations, calls logs, etc?

What other options besides Grandstream and Adtran are out there for multi
line FXS gateways? I have heard good things about Edgewater. There are
about a million no names FXS gateways out there it seems.