[VoiceOps] Southern Connecticut busy signals

Pete E peeip989 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:42:19 EDT 2015

We have a customer in Connecticut who is having persistent issues calling
their customers in their local calling area. We have tried sending the
calls outbound via numerous different carriers. Terminating calls to the
carrier that owns the NPANXX seems to help. So, for example, we were
delivering calls over Level3 and (legacy) GlobalCrossing as well as other
providers and were having an issue reaching Verizon numbers. So we started
delivering their local calls over Verizon. Now, when they call legacy SNET
territory (AT&T) over Verizon we're back to busies.

Anyone know if there are any problems or serious capacity issues in that
area? Maybe at the Bridgeport tandem?

Thanks,
Pete