[VoiceOps] 2015 Softswitch

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:34:41 EST 2015

Peter,

I am selling to small and medium sized business customer. We also have
residential side for an ISP. Our average seat selling price today is
between $25 to $35 per seat, so no I am not trying to sell on low price.

However, I personally hate selling to the customer when I know what else is
out there today. I hate explaining time and time again that we have to
charge for every auto attendant, voicemail box, etc. I am running out of
excuses to tell the end customer when they say "well Vonage Business has
the same $35 price per seat you do, but they have text messaging, call
recording, CRM integration, voicemail to text, mobile apps, etc." You don't
have any of that, so explain to me why your platform, at the same premium
price is better?

We have to provide enough value to ensure people continue to buy and use
their desk phones and/or apps, otherwise everyone is going to just stat
using their cell phones for everything. Its getting to the point where cell
phones are cheaper both on the hardware, service side, and provider a
better set of features. Voice quality used to be the concern, but have you
heard HD voice on VoLTE? Sounds amazing, better than any desk phone I have
used. Plus with wifi calling hard to say well coverage is an area of
concern.

So we either adapt to something that has value, or we continue to loose
customers.