[VoiceOps] Upcoming Fees for Text Enabled Telephone Numbers (Bandwidth.com)

Mick Burns bmx1955 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:06:29 EST 2015

This is an interesting post and surprisingly, there is no replies to
that so far.

Here's a description of NetNumber's GDS service which could be what
Bandwidth refers to:

"The NetNumber GDS registry service provides North American MVNO-OTT
registry data for accurate routing of text messages in the North
American messaging ecosystem. The registry supports 160 million
subscriber entries, provides 30 million updates per month, and
identifies more than 500 messaging service providers. The NetNumber
GDS carrier-ID lookup service is used by more than 150 service
providers to support the accurate routing of both voice calls and text
messages globally. A query to this service returns a
portability-corrected carrier ID called an NNID, or NetNumber ID, that
uniquely identifies the service provider for a particular dialed
number. The service also supports global portability correction,
global code-range data, and North American MVNO-OTT override data for
text messaging."

Is there an alternative to NetNumber and Somos ?
Anyone can shed some light on how global SMS routing actually works
and where resides the SMS/MMS routing information data in this so
called "North American messaging ecosystem" ?