[VoiceOps] 2015 Softswitch

Peter Rad. peter at 4isps.com
Wed Oct 28 11:04:57 EDT 2015

No one solution except maybe through a white label like CoreDial.
There are too many functions you want that are third party add-ons, like
phone provisioning (Phonism.com), call recording (CTI), faxing.

Regards,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO INC
Bandwidth * Colo * Circuits * Consulting
813.963.5884
http://rad-info.net

On 10/28/2015 9:54 AM, Colton Conor wrote:
> I am still on the search for a 2015 grade multi-tenant soft-switch.
> Something that can compete with Vonage Business, Switch.co, and other
> newer innovative phone services.
>
>  Here are the requirements I am looking for, so if anyone knows of
> something that fits this bill please let me know:
>
> 1. Has the ability to support SMS and MMS already. I am tired of so
> many softswitch vendors saying they are adding SMS or MMS as a coming
> soon item. It is 2015 people. SMS has been around since as long as I
> can remember. Most of the large wholesalers (bandwidth.com
> <http://bandwidth.com>, Level3) support SMS, and some are supporting
> MMS. Not only should the softswitch support it, but they should have
> some way to allow the user to send and view these messages.
>
> 2. Supports call recording on both the inbound and outbound side.
> Should be able to see call recording through the web interface. Web
> interface for overall platform should be user friendly, and hopefully
> HTML5 based.
>
> 3. Supports Music on hold where you can upload multiple files. It can
> play these files in random order like a radio station.
>
> 4. Supports the OPUS codec and VP8 for WebRTC capabilities. Hopefully
> already has WebRTC capabilities.
>
> 5. Has a device provisioner where we can modify the XML files for each
> device at the global, group, or seat level. So many of our customers
> have special needs, and a one size fits all device template simply
> will not cut it. We should be able to reboot phones remotely, and push
> firmware.
>
> 6. Built in faxing support.
>
> 7. Voice Quality Monitoring built in. Should show MOS scores, Jitter,
> Packet Loss, for each call through the platform.
>
> 8. Busy Lamp field integration.
>
> 9. Some sort for mobile integration (beyond just call forwarding) for
> mobile employees who don't want a desk phone. This can be apps for
> smartphones, or something else. Most vendors say well our softswitch
> is SIP compliant so you can use the 1000's of apps that support SIP
> already. That will not cut it.
>
> 10. All the advanced features one would expect out of any modern
> hosted PBX offering. Auto attendants, call forwarding, time of day
> rules,  voicemail to email, etc..
>
> Does this simply not exist and I am asking for too much? Each of these
> are things my clients are requesting for.

---