[VoiceOps] Virtualized SBC

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 6 23:08:44 EDT 2016

On 04/06/2016 10:54 PM, Ryan Delgrosso wrote:

> an SBC ... is a demarcation and control point between network
> segments where you can inject interworking and business logic.

Absolutely, at >= Layer 5.

If it's news to anyone here that you can virtualise applications,
they've got some catching up to do.

Anyway, my argument wasn't that SBCs serve no valid purposes. You've
done a good job of outlining them. Instead, my point was that they, of
all things, are a poor standard bearer for the NFV marketing-gasm.

-- Alex

1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)