[VoiceOps] Virtualized SBC

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:46:22 EDT 2016

It is unfortunately the element in the network with the shortest service
lifecycle so the most likely to come under scrutiny for replacement. For
ex my original core metaswitch I recently phased out survived 3
generations of SBC's. Each generation came at not insignificant hardware
cost.

While you say it may be a poor standard bearer it is a lever by which
solution vendors can shoe-horn their whole NFV ecosystem into the
carrier from the edge inward with some promise of a future-proofed
purchase (in the form of licensing).