[VoiceOps] National SMS Issues?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Aug 5 14:04:54 EDT 2016

Starting 2 days ago, we saw issues with Broadvox DIDs ability to deliver
SMS to two of our carriers. This continues through today.

And today, starting around 15:05 UTC, we are seeing issued with SMS
deliverability to our DIDs through Bandwidth DIDs.

Is anyone monitoring SMS? Is this an SAP or NetNumber issue or another
carrier?

Just now I got this email from Fairfax County VA 911:

     A national provider who delivers texts to 9-1-1 to Fairfax County is
     experiencing service related issues. If you text 9-1-1 and it does not
     go through, please call 9-1-1.

     Hearing or visually impaired persons should consider using Virginia
     Relay Service.

     Fairfax County will provide an update when the problem is resolved.
     Follow us on Twitter for updates.

     https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/fairfax-county-experiencing-service-related-issues-with-text-to-9-1-1/

If you know something, fill us in!

Beckman