[VoiceOps] FW: Strange porting issue

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 5 19:58:17 EST 2016

On 02/05/2016 07:51 PM, Darren Schreiber wrote:

> 1) I do think the LRN is probably cached. EXCEPT that the calls don't
> route :-) So I'm thinking it might be cached but still wrong anyway
> haha

Well, first-tier LECs and mobile operators aren't going to route based
on cache data, so if the call isn't routing when you call from, say,
your mobile, then it's truly not working. My guess there would be that
the number is going to the same place as before, but the translations
were removed from the switch to which the LRN is homed.

> 3) The port can't possibly be internal, I can't imagine that. But I
> guess that's also why I'm trying to figure out more about who this
> LEC really is. No website. Not even the usual legal filings stuff, at
> least not in my first few pages of Google-fu.

FWIW, their routing contact in an ancient copy of the LERG is:

Mike Boustany
337-291-5851

A search on the street address of 1314 Walker Road suggests that it's
affiliated with this utilities cooperative:

http://www.lusnet.net/uploads/LUSPoweredNetworkWhitePaper.pdf

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)