[VoiceOps] SIP door intercom-phones

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:37:04 EDT 2016

Thanks to everyone who replied, both on and off list.  I went with the Algo
8028.  Why?

Doesn't expose ethernet to the outside, only two audio wires.
Cheap/rugged outside piece.
Great price.
Available from my preferred distributor, Netx.
Specs meet exactly what they asked for with no fluff (no video, no keypad,
etc)
Very highly reviewed elsewhere.

How do most people program these to ring into the office phones?  I'm
thinking that they will all ring the main "reception" people at each
customer location for a few rings, and then roll over to ringing the entire
(or most of) the facility.