[VoiceOps] Wholesale Voice Carriers with Instant Porting

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Jun 17 10:02:27 EDT 2016

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016, Colton Conor wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks for the detailed info.
>
> So with bandwidth.com, on the actual port date, can you go into their
> portal and press activate or something similar, anytime through the day of,
> and it will port within minutes of your pressing that button? I realize
> there is an auto activate which on the day of it will port at a certain
> time on that day. Also sounds like you have the ability to schedule a port
> at a certain time on that day, but I am wondering how far in advanced you
> have to schedule?

  I've never done it, the manual activation. I'd give them a call to talk.
  855-864-7776 option 4 for Sales I think. Option 5 for porting, but dunno
  if they'd talk to you unless you were a customer.

> On number 2 I didn't mean having to pay to use Bandwidth.com's API. Large
> carriers like bandwidth pay big bucks to Neustar to access their API to
> speed up the porting process. I wanted to make sure whatever carrier we
> went with had that functionality.

  Ah. Dunno who Bandwidth uses, but they do have "a service" that manages
  the ports for them. I don't know how much it does or who does it.

> I was hoping to hear better things about Vitelity as their pricing is
> better than Bandwidth.com's.

  I've found the opposite.

> What about Onvoy/Broadvox which are parent/sister companies to Vitelity?
> Do they each have their own portal?

  Haven't used them yet.

Beckman