[VoiceOps] Cox cable "outages" and a solution

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Sat Mar 19 15:42:44 EDT 2016

When Cox first launched IPv6 in my area, I'd lose v6 routing randomly every
few days until I manually renewed the address on my router. Then I found
out one tiny config difference between Cox and Comcast is that Cox doesn't
support rapid commit renews. So I removed that from my router config and I
haven't lost routing since.

Also if your customers use a Motorola/Arris SB6183 model modem, the
firmware Cox uses has a major bug where it drops packets. Cox is testing
new firmware and rolling it out to those who request it. See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30562682-Arris-SB6183-IPv6-TCP6-bug-Looking-for-firmware-update

~Jared