[VoiceOps] Discuss SIPNOC -- Voice training, Engineering talks

Mark Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Thu May 12 09:34:32 EDT 2016

SIPNOC (www.sipnoc.org) is back this year, June 21-23, 2016 in Herndon, Virginia, USA.

Training:
	-- WebRTC on-the-wire / and in-the-API by Alan Johnston (an RFC3261 author)
	-- Voice over LTE & IMS by Manpreet Singh
	-- VoIP Fundamentals: SIP, RTP, SBCs, Security from James Puckett and me.

Peer-reviewed conference talks are the two days following training. These are submitted by engineers including many several VoiceOps folks. These are engineers actively tackling tough issues in building profitable, scalable, robust Voice networks.

"Grandfather of VoIP" and another RFC3261 author, Henning Schulzrinne, will be speaking. He's a very accessible academic and very knowledgable about the regulatory landscape. SIPNOC is the kind of conference where you can typically walk right up and speak to the speakers, and have lunch or dinner together afterwards.

I've been a SIPNOC fan since they started. It's a great non-academic, non-marketing venue.

For anybody who's going -- what do you find useful?

For anybody who's not going -- what would it take to get you to a meeting of other engineers? Reply here or directly to me. I'm interested.

---
Mark R Lindsey, +1-229-316-0013, mark at ecg.co