[VoiceOps] Phone Spoofing - Anything we can do?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Tue May 24 23:59:43 EDT 2016

Have a customer, they are getting calls on their number that indicate
another party is spoofing their number.

     "You just called me."
     "I just got a call from this number?"

And it isn't them, not through my systems.

Has anyone figured out a process that is even somewhat effective in hunting
down and ending the spoofing, while actually getting that Truth in Caller
ID Act violation filed against them?

Or is it just as impossible as I suspect?

Beckman