[VoiceOps] under what circumstances can a port out request be rejected?

Reinventing Rich reinventingrich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:29:20 EDT 2017

thanks so much everyone. I really want to do right by everyone I just cant
find any of these rules regarding porting on the FCC site that isn't
specifically for wireless providers and we are a voip provider

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Carlos Alvarez <caalvarez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our attorney advised that we can reject it for unpaid balances, but not
> for future revenue based on a contract.  I never thought to ask whether
> early term fees could be assessed immediately so it could be denied.  Tread
> lightly, the FTC/FCC like to take the customer's side.
>
> I think I'd call the customer and ask their intentions.
>

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Reinventing Rich <
> reinventingrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Long story but we bought out a persons 3 year Century Link 3 yr contract
>> and now half a year later we just got a port out request for their main TN.
>>
>> Ordinarily I would say hey if you dont like the service no big deal but
>> this is going to hurt bad if they won't pay up what they owe on the
>> contract (at least what we had to pay Century Link)
>>
>> I've never tried to reject someones port out request, can I just reject
>> for lack of payment?
>>
>> Do I have to give a reason?
>>
>> Do I just do like all the other providers do to me and make them provide
>> CSR data and keep telling them its wrong... XD
>>
>> I'm asking in earnest, I want to be legit but this is really going to
>> hurt the company I work for

Cheers,
Rich Breton

Give a man a program, you will frustrate him for a day;Teach him how to
program, you will frustrate him for a lifetime.