[VoiceOps] under what circumstances can a port out request be rejected?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 5 18:51:18 EDT 2017

Not an expert and definitely IANAL, but it had been my understanding, by way of our customer base, that rejecting port-outs for pretty much any financial reason has been banned for quite some time officially, though that doesn't stop some carriers from interfering for such reasons anyhow.

But as I understand the FCC's position, the freedom to port shall not be abridged for any reason other than clerical reasons, and any contractual obligation or past-due balance should be pursued via civil remedies.

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)

Sent from my Google Nexus.