[VoiceOps] Plivo Offline, Domain Expired; Out of Business?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Sun Apr 23 11:49:16 EDT 2017

Looks like they are calling it a "DNS" issue -- not sure they noticed that
their whois record expired and the root servers are using NOT their DNS
servers to resolve plivo.com domains.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1hHIGcDQYb7nlL09-K1IOG_6mnVSDIHw_7D62X9RAneE/pub

I wonder if it might be faster or them to get an alternative domain up as a
stop-gap...

 	Description

     We are experiencing an issue with DNS resolution of plivo.com domains
     due to a registrar renewal expiration. We are actively working on it.

     We recommend all our customers to use google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
     for the following domains: api.plivo.com, phone.plivo.com,
     app.plivo.com, manage.plivo.com, sbc.plivo.com, eu.sbc.plivo.com,
     asia.sbc.plivo.com, au.sbc.plivo.com, sa.sbc.plivo.com

     Note: Other DNS resolvers may work as soon as the DNS for plivo.com are
     propagated but we cannot guarantee the TTL (refresh time) as it is out
     of our control.

     We apologize for the inconvenience, we are doing our best to get the
     service back.

 	Recommended resolution: You can hardcode the following DNS entries while we are working on resolving the issue.
 	Last update : Sun Apr 23 15:07:56 UTC 2017
 	DNS name
 	IPs
 	api.plivo.com
         52.8.14.77
         54.183.118.182
 	manage.plivo.com
         54.215.176.31
         52.8.129.90
 	app.plivo.com
         54.241.31.73
 	phone.plivo.com
         98.158.107.18
 	sbc.plivo.com
         54.235.170.44
 	eu.sbc.plivo.com
         54.247.99.121
 	asia.sbc.plivo.com
         54.251.107.105
 	au.sbc.plivo.com
         54.253.253.59
 	sa.sbc.plivo.com
         54.233.255.206

 	Events

 	Sun Apr 23 14:18:48 UTC 2017
 	While we are working with our DNS provider for plivo.com, we are currently deploying an alternative solution to get the service back online.

 	Sun Apr 23 13:22:10 UTC 2017
 	We are working with our provider to expedite the renewal of the DNS. We will update you shortly.

Might want to watch that Google Doc for updates

Beckman