[VoiceOps] Fax ATAs/devices

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Apr 28 17:38:13 EDT 2017

In article <CY1PR0401MB1551992F597EEA0D003D149E81130 at CY1PR0401MB1551.namprd04.prod.outlook.com> you write:
>Fax will not die, at least not anytime soon. Many business processes exist that count on fax.
>
>There is a misconception that it is more secure than other document transmission methods.

That's exactly it.  I needed to send a scan of a form to a nearby
university medical clinic, and they insisted that I fax it.  I asked
can I email a PDF, oh, no, we're under constant attack, e-mail is too
dangerous.  The fact that faxing it involved sending it to some random
third party pdf->fax service that put their blurb on the cover sheet
did not deter them.

R's,
John