[VoiceOps] Hotel IP phones

Nicholas Sten nicksten at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:11:10 EST 2017

I suggest they consider their target customer demographic. If catering to the weary transient traveler or the elderly pensioner, keeping it simple might be the best plan, so get an inexpensive proven IP phone like one of the Grandstreams.

If they are a modern facility with an eye on enabling technology, I would consider ditching the phone entirely and instead look into a fixed-mount tablet or even a custom-firmware Echo Dot or Google Home, especially if this is a ground-up remodel or a completely new facility. The days of limited-function devices are done.

Circling back, however, you said small hotel in Texas. Without additional reference, that could be a 100-room suburban or even smaller rural facility, so Tomorrowland might be overkill, in which case they may only need basic budget communication with the front desk.

Cheers,

Nick