[VoiceOps] Audiocodes Mediant 2000 - BootP

Otto Monnig omonnig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:21:19 EST 2017

This sounds like the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) boot process.  Overview here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment>

The simplified process is this:
client sends boots/dhcp request
dhcp server replies with address assignement and options - 60, 66 and 67 are most likely what you need
client uses TFTP to download boot image
client boots image

Option description here: https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/2978/PXEClient-dhcp-options-60-66-and-67-what-are-they-for-Can-I-use-PXE-without-it.html <https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/2978/PXEClient-dhcp-options-60-66-and-67-what-are-they-for-Can-I-use-PXE-without-it.html>

There are detailed descriptions for setup on various Linux distros - search for "{distro-name}  PXE"

For Windows, you would set the options in your DHCP server.

—
Otto Monnig
CTO
AtomAMPD, LLC