[VoiceOps] 411 provider recommendations

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Mon Jul 24 16:55:30 EDT 2017

We have our clients fax over their 411 requests and then we fax the number back to them, using 8-bit encryption...

On Jul 24, 2017 4:25 PM, "Ball, Jared" <Jared.Ball at cdk.com> wrote:
That’s funny.  We are 100 percent business only.  Our customers are primarily automotive dealerships (Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Farm Equipment, Jet skis, etc.).   We did a report and we do see hundreds of 411 calls per month.  Our customers are intelligent business people and often very successful.  Many of them are just not tech savvy though.  I cannot make them care about this.    We cannot dictate that they use a search engine to find a telephone number.  I imagine that I could play and IVR message telling them how to use their smartphone or computer to find a telephone number.  I don’t think that would go over very well.  I’d rather charge them the 1 or 2 dollars and move on.

BTW – We still have a substantial portion of our customer base using fax.  I am sure that this makes Alex and others cringe.  Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and bash Fax, 411 and whatever other technology you might dislike.  I have my favorites too (frame-relay, any windows phone, Myspace, etc.).  We’ll continue to do reports and retire these services when it no longer makes sense for us.  At this point they are still viable for our customer base.   I am not one bit offended and find the debate insightful, educational and sometimes even entertaining.

--Jared