[VoiceOps] Netsapien reviews

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 1 23:38:02 EDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 11:31:53PM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 10:30:01PM -0500, Colton Conor wrote:
>
> > They say all their own code, but do they use asterisk, opensips,
> > freeswitch, kamailio, or anything like that?
>
> Kazoo is built on top of Freeswitch, Kamailio, and a slew of other
> technologies.
>
> There's nothing wrong with any of that from a stability POV. If there
> were, we wouldn't have a business model, and neither would half this
> list.

It also bears pointing out that Kamailio, Freeswitch, etc. are mostly
rather low-level engines, more akin to an SDK in many cases. They
provide a software platform, and custom languages, in which to develop
value-added services, not entirely unlike Bash or Python do.

One cannot, for example, resell "stock" Kamailio. It doesn't do
anything. You have to write it. Pretty much from scratch. So, there's no
contradiction between using it and proffering "own code".

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)