[VoiceOps] Local calling tariff database

BackUP Telecom Consulting marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed Nov 15 08:44:03 EST 2017

Correct.....and the tariffs of the called party's carrier identify
determine whether the calling party is making a local or toll call.
Local calling areas are very weird with the ILECs because two rate
centers can make a local call to the same rate center but if you make a
call between those two rate centers it's considered toll. For example,
in my area Franklin and Murfreesboro are considered local to Nashville,
but a call between Franklin and Murfreesboro is toll.

Mary Lou Carey

BackUP Telecom Consulting

615-791-9969