[VoiceOps] SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY method for CNAM querying

Carlos Perez cperez at sansay.com
Mon Oct 30 15:09:50 EDT 2017

Alex,

For what it is worth, since you mentioned Sansay as one of the vendors, the
Sansay SBC supports both SIP methods for CNAM queries: INVITE/3XX Redirect
and SUBSCRIBE-NOTIFY. As for "why did it get to be preferred over
redirects" the answer is likely coming from the CNAM provider(s) and their
original support for SIP.

Carlos Perez
Sansay, Inc.