[VoiceOps] SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY method for CNAM querying

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 16:25:13 EDT 2017

The first place i recall seeing this flow was Broadsoft. It was the sole
method you could perform CNAM dips as far back as I can recall which was
R13. To carbon date that, other softswitches which would have been
contemporaries to Broadsoft in ~2005 when that was state of the art were
Sylantro (no such support) and Metaswitch (only SS7 support at the time).

My guess is Broadsoft may have defined a de-facto standard by
implementing an esoteric mechanism, and forcing their large subset of
customers to require it so all the providers supported it and viola a
standard is born. If this is true its unlikely you will find any
ratified standard.

Maybe someone with deeper historical roots than I could shed some light
on this, though FWIW this flow has a decidedly broadsoftian feel to it.