[VoiceOps] Broadworks / High cost rate center blocking

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Sat Sep 23 13:31:25 EDT 2017

VoIP hacking is a way of life these days, I swear I think there is an Olympic sport for hacking now.

By default we block all international calls on users (011 dialed) and will enable using auth codes or outright if the customer insists and bears all potential costs.  That has significantly reduced / eliminated international toll fraud on our switch.   Now, we see fraud going to NANP (1+ dialed) high cost ratecenters/NPANXXs.

Is there a list of the high cost NPA-NXXs or should I just go through my upstream carriers rate deck and sort by $$/MOU?
Does anyone know how to mark the high cost NPA-NXXs in the Broadworks Network Server so the calls are marked as high cost / expensive?  Then I can treat them as international and block or require an auth code.

-Matt

--
Matthew Crocker
Crocker Communications, Inc.