[VoiceOps] Hotel Phone

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:59:46 EDT 2019

FWIW YOu need to provide per room routing but a DID per room isnt
required if you can make that happen other ways.

For example, West now offers in their NG platform to send an XML body
with the invite to provide details intra-building routing. You still
need to provide descreet callback info, but for that suite of 100 hotel
rooms, you could use a block of 5-10 numbers and assign them to each
room that dials 911 for a temporary callback period, this will give you
bi-directional reachability from a 911 perspective without managing and
provisioning hundreds of sparsley used numbers.

You could also leverage their enterprise 911 option where you send a
distinct sip URI that is statically mapped to a location (address and
room/floor etc) and they will masquerade to the PSAP with a unique phone
number.

Personally if i were designing a system today (and I am) i would take
the first option and supply the info in the outbound invite for maximum
flexibility.