[VoiceOps] Old PA System setup

Darin Steffl darin.steffl at mnwifi.com
Thu Apr 18 18:39:39 EDT 2019

Hey guys,

https://www.valcom.com/pdf/v1030c_v1036c.pdf

We're trying to find the best way to interface 3 old Valcom speakers
V-1030c to an IP paging system.

I have a Snom PA1 but that won't work as we initially thought because
speakers need 4 wires on a 24v power system. So 2 wires are for 24v power,
and the other 2 are for audio. The snom only has a positive and negative
output that feeds passive speakers, not active speakers like these.

What is the best way to utilize these 3 speakers or should we just replace
the speakers? We're trying to keep budget to a minimum for them so we would
prefer to utilize the same speakers but what's the best way to power them
and feed them audio using the existing 2-pair RJ11 cable they use?

Thank you

--
Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi