[VoiceOps] Ringing problems

Pete Eisengrein peeip989 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:37:19 EDT 2019

We have recently gotten several complaints about not getting, or severely
abbreviated ringback. The first few examples we were able to trace back to
a carrier and believe it is because the call sets up with 183 Session
Progress w/SDP and <1 second later get a 180 Ringing and the audible
ringing stops.

We heard a similar complaint in Europe last with an EU carrier. And again
today with yet another US (global) provider.

So, my questions are:

1- Anyone else seeing this? If so, what's your workaround/fix?
2- Since this is not contained to a single carrier, anyone aware of an SBC
or softswitch maker recently released code that might be causing?

Thanks,
Pete