[VoiceOps] Ringing problems

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 20 15:01:10 EDT 2019

This could also be due to serial forking by a proxy upstream, leading to
a conflicting blizzard of different progress indications from various
gateways.

If you can get a capture of such a scenario and indeed find a 183 ->
180 dynamic, I'd be curious to take a look at it.

Of course, there's no reason a lightweight pass-thru B2BUA in an SBC
couldn't behave in a way that leads to the same result.

-- Alex

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 12:37:19PM -0400, Pete Eisengrein wrote:

> We have recently gotten several complaints about not getting, or severely
> abbreviated ringback. The first few examples we were able to trace back to
> a carrier and believe it is because the call sets up with 183 Session
> Progress w/SDP and <1 second later get a 180 Ringing and the audible
> ringing stops.
>
> We heard a similar complaint in Europe last with an EU carrier. And again
> today with yet another US (global) provider.
>
> So, my questions are:
>
> 1- Anyone else seeing this? If so, what's your workaround/fix?
> 2- Since this is not contained to a single carrier, anyone aware of an SBC
> or softswitch maker recently released code that might be causing?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)