[VoiceOps] STIR/SHAKEN Discussion: Will it help?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Thu Dec 19 00:09:44 EST 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019, Calvin Ellison wrote:

> If you want to keep up to date on this, join the ATIS IP NNI and SIP Forum
> mailing lists. You'll see frequent notifications as the policy and protocol
> documents get updated.
>
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 3:49 PM Peter Beckman <beckman at angryox.com> wrote:
>
>>   In my case, we use different termination carriers than our origination
>>   carriers in many situations. If we are authorized to use a DID for
>>   CallerID, but it is not from the termination carrier, how does the
>>   termination carrier know to set the attestation to full?
>>

> This one of the things being worked out. There are frameworks for
> certificate delegation and TN authorization, but I can't speak to the
> details.

  Awesome to hear Calvin. I was under the impression that the STIR/SHAKEN
  standard had been ratified by the participating carriers and they were
  moving forward. I have not seen anything about cert delecation and TN
  authorization in the technical specs.

  Is STIR/SHAKEN not really completed and ready for deployment yet? The FCC
  and larger carriers seem to be moving forward with test implementations
  without of TN authorization and delegation.

Beckman