[VoiceOps] Shoretel/Mitel phone systems and generic SIP trunking

Nelson Hicks nelsonh at socket.net
Wed Feb 13 17:13:17 EST 2019

Hello,

We've had a small but growing number of customers or leads with
Shoretel/Mitel phone systems that want SIP trunking, but when we begin
trying to setup and test trunking, we're being told they can't configure
how the SIP trunking behaves, and that for the vendor to get support,
the ITSP needs to be signed up for their Center of Excellence and
qualify our SIP trunking with them.

One customer says they are using a "MiVoice Business vMCD or 3300 with a
MBG Proxy server in server-gateway", the other a
"MiVC_Connect_Build_21.90.4127.0". I'm told a couple others are using
ShoreTel phone systems, but I haven't seen details for those yet.

We're mostly just using Broadworks for SIP trunking, and we've provided
SIP trunking for Mitel systems in the past. Does anyone have experience
with continuing to make these systems work with generic SIP trunking, or
experiences like I've described above?

Thanks,

--
Nelson Hicks